A collection of treatises concerning Taqleed, and other issues of contention between the Ahl al-Hadith and those who follow one of the four great Imams.
Part 3 Includes:
- Taqleed in The Light of Quraan and Sunnat
- Debate With Peer Badr-ud-Din
- British and The Ahle Hadith
- Isaale Thawaab
About Mufti Afzal Hoosen Elias
Mufti Afzal Hoosen Elias was born in Muharram 1375 (September 1955) in Estcourt, Kwa-Zulu Natal. During his youth, Allah inspired him with a yearning for a thorough Deeni education. After fulfilling his parents’ wishes of obtaining a secular education, Mufti Elias left for Deoband, India in 1977.
Here he obtained the following Deeni qualifications:
- Fazil Alim Certificate from Darul Uloom Deoband, India, in 1983.
- A specialized course on the Tafseer (Commentary) of the Noble Quraan under Moulana Ghulamullaah Khan in Rawalpindi, Pakistan, in 1983.
- Mufti Certificate from Darul Uloom Deoband, India, in 1984.
- (A specialized course in Islaamic Jurisprudence)
During his student years, Mufti Elias began writing, translating, and simplifying Islamic literature. After completing his studies, Mufti Saahib returned to South Africa, to impart the knowledge he had gained.
Seeing his works further translated into languages that include (but are not limited to) Afrikaans, Zulu, Sotho, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, Danish, and Braille.
Mufti Elias was also a senior member of many Islaamic organisations, for as long as those organisations’ focus was the upliftment of Deen.
Mufti Elias was a people’s Mufti, and his main concern was making Deen easy for all, and accessible to all. Mufti Elias always availed himself to answer questions and was easy-going and approachable.
Mufti Elias ’s contributions to spreading Deen in the western world are innumerable and immeasurable. May Allaah accept his works, make it a means of guidance, and allow it to flourish until the end of time.
On the 9th Shabaan 1439 (25th April 2018), Mufti Elias completed his journey of this world, and passed on to the next.